Free Geek contact info:
Electronics we accept for donations (including recycling fees)
See Items Accepted List
Data Security and privacy
See our Data Security policy
Volunteer with us
How to get started volunteering with us
Free Geek Calendar
Calendar including events and classes
Support us in our thrift store
|Have questions? Fill out a form below to send us a message:
Come volunteer this Saturday (01/26/2019) to the PC building event to help Free Geek build desktop computers for our thrift store. We will learn, teach, laugh. We will geek out!
- There are no participation fees.
- Just bring yourself.
- You won’t get to keep the computers, but you can buy them at a discount.
Reserve a spot (optional) via one of the following methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Send us a private message to our Facebook Page
- RSVP on this: Facebook Event
On your reservation please specify your role as either a student or an assistant.
- Learn how to build PCs
- Able to identify basic PC components
- No experience required
- Able to follow instructions
- Provide technical help (Our staffers can help too.)
- You may be asked to teach the students or to assemble PCs
- Prevent damage to parts
- Assist in retrieving and distributing parts and tools
- Experience building PCs
- Willingness to geek out and teach newbies
Free Geek address:
2537 25th Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55406
(Entrance facing the alley, the same parking lot as Memory Lanes bowling)
A local YouTube channel by Bill Owen featured Free Geek in its series for building retro PCs. It is a great series to see if you are interested in retro PC gaming.
Check out the video in the link below:
Super Cheap Computers Free Geek & Best Retro Gaming PC Case ep3
Free Geek would like to thank a Minneapolis based “This Does Not Compute” Youtube channel for creating a great video about Free Geek history and operations. The video is available at:
The channel is a favorite of a number of Free Geek staff as it covers in depth topics that would be interesting to people who enjoy technology.